What is Glutamine ?
Glutamine is an amino acid. Amino acids are the building blocks to protein. This is the most abundant amino acid found in the human muscle. Glutamine is critical for muscle growth and repair. It is used heavily by the immune system in times of stress. In times of high stress and after a workout or physical activity, your muscles don’t produce an adequate supply of Glutamine. Without an adequate supply of Glutamine your body will take it from muscle stores resulting in muscle catabolism.
What can Glutamine do for me?
- Enhance Immune Functions
- Decrease Muscle Breakdown
- Increase Protein Synthesis (Which leads to increased muscle mass)
- Decrease Recovery Time After Workout
- Decrease Soreness After Workout
- Increase Nitrogen Retention
Where can Glutamine be found?
- It can also be taken as a supplement in powder or pill form
Who should NOT take Glutamine supplement
- Women who are breast feeding
- Pregnant Women
- People with kidney problems
- People with Reye’s syndrome
- People with cirrhosis of the liver
***If you are on any medications or have a medical condition, you should always consult with your Doctor before taking any dietary supplement.***
Have a Safe & Healthy New Year!!!!
IMR, Massage Las Vegas. 702-482-8585