Rose Quartz Gua sha Treatment
Kyrie Maxfield, LMT
What is this all about?
This service has been designed to help bring relief to tension headaches and migraines, allowing you to have longer periods of pain-free time between the headaches. This treatment begins working the tension out of back, arms, shoulders, and neck, with a light to medium pressure. It can include our signature migraine aromatherapy blend if scent is not one of your triggers.
After melting the tension out of your back and shoulders, we’ll begin the work on your neck, shoulders, and face, the session begins with a warm wet towel to ensure we start with clean damp skin. The facial massage uses a gentle tension melting touch. The cool rose quartz and amethyst tools we use are designed to engage the parasympathetic and lymph systems. Ending with a relaxing scalp massage, to ensure all of the tension is gone from the face, head, neck, arms, shoulders, and back. If you would like a full body massage, we suggest booking a 90-minute session.
This treatment is best used as a preventive Migraine relief treatment, depending on the level of pain and symptoms it may not be appropriate during a severe migraine. Please do not wear any makeup to your sessions as we will be working face and scalp in this treatment.
Rose Quartz Gua sha tools
Rose Quartz is a beautifying and healing stone. It helps to ease tension, stress and anxiety, increases self-love and promotes feelings of well-being.
This feels amazing!
Benefits of this technique include:
- Migraine headaches relief
- Tension headaches relief
- Reduced inflammation
- Neck and jaw pain
- Decreases TMJ symptoms
- Stimulates lymph system
- May ease perimenopausal symptoms
- May ease insomnia
Questions your therapist will need to know:
(Rose Quartz Migraine Relief Intake Form)
What triggers do you have for your headaches: (please check all that apply)
- Hormonal changes (before or after your period)
- Hot flashes
What symptoms do you notice before you get a migraine or tension headache: (please check all that apply)
- Pain behind the eyes and nerves
- Severe throbbing pain
- Pulsing sensation
- Extreme sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to sound
- Aura – flashes of light, blind spots, or tingling on one side of the face or in your arm or leg.
- Tingling or tightening in scalp.
One or two days before a migraine, you may notice subtle changes that warn of an upcoming migraine, including:
- Mood changes, from depression to euphoria
- Food cravings
- Neck stiffness
- Increased thirst and urination
- Frequent yawning
Aura may occur before or during migraines. Most people experience migraines without aura.
Auras are symptoms of the nervous system. They are usually visual disturbances, such as flashes of light or wavy, zigzag vision.
Sometimes auras can also be touching sensations (sensory), movement (motor) or speech (verbal) disturbances. Your muscles may get weak, or you may feel as though someone is touching you.
Each of these symptoms usually begins gradually, builds up over several minutes and lasts for 20 to 60 minutes. Examples of migraine aura include:
- Visual phenomena, such as seeing various shapes, bright spots or flashes of light
- Vision loss
- Pins and needles sensations in an arm or leg
- Weakness or numbness in the face or one side of the body
- Difficulty speaking
- Hearing noises or music
- Uncontrollable jerking or other movements
Sometimes, a migraine with aura may be associated with limb weakness (hemiplegic migraine).
A migraine usually lasts from four to 72 hours if untreated. The frequency with which headaches occur varies from person to person. Migraines may be rare, or strike several times a month. During a migraine, you may experience:
- Pain on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that feels throbbing or pulsing
- Sensitivity to light, sounds, and sometimes smells and touch
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Lightheadedness, sometimes followed by fainting
The final phase, known as post-drome, occurs after a migraine attack. You may feel drained and washed out, while some people feel elated. For about 24 hours, you may also experience:
- Sensitivity to light and sound