Changing The Way You Think About Massage
Final Day of Gift Card Deal!
December 24th at 3pm is the last chance to take advantage of our best deal of the year.
Purchase any 60 min+ massage and receive a free $20 bonus card.
*VIP Discount does not apply.
*Limit 5 per customer.
Deal ends at 3:00pm PST on December 24th 2018
Add-On cupping to any massage for $20
Holiday Massage Sale!
6 Days Only
Buy any 60 minute+ massage gift card and instantly receive a $20 bonus card!
Must Mention Code “Bonus 18”
Gift cards must be purchased in-store. There is a limit of 5 per customer. Sale ends December 24th at 3pm. NO VIP DISCOUNTS!
Gift Card price is $80 for 60 minutes.
We are giving back to our clients!
We Love Our Clients!
Exclusively for December, get 5% back for every retail purchase AND 2% back for any massage booked!
Loyalty rewards are added to your account at IMR to use towards additional massages or money off retail purchases
*Credits are calculated at time of purchase and added to clients existing IMR account. 5% and 2% will revert to 1% in January. Terms are subject to change monthly. Rewards have no cash value.
Rose Quartz Gua Sha Treatment
Kyrie Maxfield, LMT
What is this all about?
This service has been designed to help bring relief to tension headaches and migraines, allowing you to have longer periods of pain-free time between the headaches. This treatment begins working the tension out of back, arms, shoulders, and neck, with a light to medium pressure. It can include our signature migraine aromatherapy blend if scent is not one of your triggers.
After melting the tension out of your back and shoulders, we’ll begin the work on your neck, shoulders, and face, the session begins with a warm wet towel to ensure we start with clean damp skin. The facial massage uses a gentle tension melting touch. The cool rose quartz and amethyst tools we use are designed to engage the parasympathetic and lymph systems. Ending with a relaxing scalp massage, to ensure all of the tension is gone from the face, head, neck, arms, shoulders, and back. If you would like a full body massage, we suggest booking a 90-minute session.
This treatment is best used as a preventive Migraine relief treatment, depending on the level of pain and symptoms it may not be appropriate during a severe migraine. Please do not wear any makeup to your sessions as we will be working face and scalp in this treatment.
Rose Quartz Gua sha tools
Rose Quartz is a beautifying and healing stone. It helps to ease tension, stress and anxiety, increases self-love and promotes feelings of well-being.
This feels amazing!
Benefits of this technique include:
- Migraine headaches relief
- Tension headaches relief
- Reduced inflammation
- Neck and jaw pain
- Decreases TMJ symptoms
- Stimulates lymph system
- May ease perimenopausal symptoms
- May ease insomnia
Questions your therapist will need to know:
(Rose Quartz Migraine Relief Intake Form)
What triggers do you have for your headaches: (please check all that apply)
- Hormonal changes (before or after your period)
- Hot flashes
What symptoms do you notice before you get a migraine or tension headache: (please check all that apply)
- Pain behind the eyes and nerves
- Severe throbbing pain
- Pulsing sensation
- Extreme sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to sound
- Aura – flashes of light, blind spots, or tingling on one side of the face or in your arm or leg.
- Tingling or tightening in scalp.
One or two days before a migraine, you may notice subtle changes that warn of an upcoming migraine, including:
- Mood changes, from depression to euphoria
- Food cravings
- Neck stiffness
- Increased thirst and urination
- Frequent yawning
Aura may occur before or during migraines. Most people experience migraines without aura.
Auras are symptoms of the nervous system. They are usually visual disturbances, such as flashes of light or wavy, zigzag vision.
Sometimes auras can also be touching sensations (sensory), movement (motor) or speech (verbal) disturbances. Your muscles may get weak, or you may feel as though someone is touching you.
Each of these symptoms usually begins gradually, builds up over several minutes and lasts for 20 to 60 minutes. Examples of migraine aura include:
- Visual phenomena, such as seeing various shapes, bright spots or flashes of light
- Vision loss
- Pins and needles sensations in an arm or leg
- Weakness or numbness in the face or one side of the body
- Difficulty speaking
- Hearing noises or music
- Uncontrollable jerking or other movements
Sometimes, a migraine with aura may be associated with limb weakness (hemiplegic migraine).
A migraine usually lasts from four to 72 hours if untreated. The frequency with which headaches occur varies from person to person. Migraines may be rare, or strike several times a month. During a migraine, you may experience:
- Pain on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that feels throbbing or pulsing
- Sensitivity to light, sounds, and sometimes smells and touch
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Lightheadedness, sometimes followed by fainting
The final phase, known as post-drome, occurs after a migraine attack. You may feel drained and washed out, while some people feel elated. For about 24 hours, you may also experience:
- Sensitivity to light and sound
This treatment can only be scheduled with Kyrie Maxfield
Deep Tissue Massage – Cupping Therapy – Sports Massage
IMR Massage was featured on the Morning Blend!
Watch us demonstrate cupping therapy and sports massage….
IMR Massage offer the ultimate massage and cupping experience.
Our therapists are highly trained and experienced.
Come see why were rated 5-stars on YELP!
IMR Massage has been serving Las Vegas since 2009!
Free Hot Stone Upgrade
Mention “Back to School” at time of booking to receive a FREE hot stone upgrade!
Valid on any 60, 90, or 120 minute massage service.
(Offer expires 8-31-18)
Hot Stone Benefits:
Decreased muscle spasm and tension
Increased join flexibility
Deep Tissue Massage – Cupping Therapy- Sports Massage
New Massage Rates
15 Min Add-On…..$18
90 Min Cellulite Cupping…..$140
30 Min Facial Rejuvenation…..$60
60 Min Facial Rejuvenation…..$90
VIP member’s will continue to enjoy VIP pricing. Inquire at the front desk on how you can become a VIP member!
Deep Tissue Massage – Cupping Therapy – Sports Massage
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month
5 million people are diagnosed with skin cancer each year in the United States. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, about 90 percent of non-melanoma skin cancers and 85 percent of melanoma cases are associated with exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun. Although it is the most common cancer, it is also the most preventable. Here are a few ways to protect yourself from the harmful ultraviolet rays.
- The sun is the brightest and hottest from 10:00am-4:00pm. Between this time, try to stay in the shade if you can.
- Although it may be hot, wearing clothes and a hat that covers the skin will help you avoid any exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
- Another easy way to help protect yourself from harmful UV radiation is to put on some SPF before going outside for the day. It is recommended to find a sunblock that has at least 30 SPF. Sunblock should be applied 30 minutes before exposure to the sun. Reapply sunblock every two hours for maximum coverage.
Sun Care Products
Block it Like it’s Hot is a daily moisturizer with SPF 30 from Posh that you can pick up next time you are scheduled for a massage. Block it Like it’s Hot can also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, promote even skin tone, and reduce the appearance of dark spots. Although the hot sun may feel good on our skin, make sure you are still taking the precautions to stay safe and keep your skin undamaged.
Yoga Poses to Relieve Low Back Pain
A lot of people in America tend to complain the most about lower back pain. Lower back pain can be caused by sitting at the office in front of a computer screen for hours, not enough physical activity, or maybe even just an anterior pelvic tilt. This pain can spread up the back or even down the legs causing more discomfort to the body. Yoga is known to help stretch out any areas that may be tight, aching, or even just used to relax the muscles. Here are a few poses that are designed to target pain in the lower back and can even be done in the comfort of your own home!
Cat and Cow
- You will start this pose on your hands and knees.
- On your first inhale you will lift your chest and tailbone towards the ceiling. This is the cow part of the pose.
- When you are ready to exhale you will press through your shoulder blades as if you were pushing the floor away from you. Your back will arch up to the sky and you will then drop your head. This is the cat part of this pose.
- After your first round of cat and cow, you will continue to do these steps with the rhythm of your breath.
- Continue for 5-8 rounds.
- It is recommended to use a yoga mat or even pillows under the hands and knees to avoid any pain the ground may cause.
- Shoulders should stay over your wrists and your hips will be in line with your knees.
- Relieve menstrual cramps.
- Relieve sciatica pain.
- Increases flexibility of the neck, shoulders, and spine.
- Start by laying on your back with your arms stretch in a T-shape and legs straight out in-front of you.
- As you inhale, you will lift your left leg up to your chest so that it makes a 90 degree angle
- When you exhale, slowly bring the bent, left leg over to the right side of your body.
- Let the head fall to left side of your body.
- Hold this pose for 1-4 minutes as you take controlled, deep breaths
- When you are ready, bring your left leg back in front of you and repeat the steps with your right leg.
- Try to keep both of your shoulders on the ground when you are in the supine twist.
- When you are bringing your leg over your body, try to keep them in line with your hips.
- Opens tight shoulders.
- Improves digestion.
- Elongates the supporting spinal muscles.
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart.
- Cross your arms together so your hands are grabbing onto the elbow of the other arm.
- Take a deep inhale and as you exhale slowly stretch down as if you were trying to touch your toes.
- Let the upper body hang over your legs.
- Let your head fall once you are in a comfortable folded position.
- Hold this pose for 1-2 minutes taking slow breaths.
- When you are ready to come out of this position, take a deep inhale and lift yourself up one vertebra at a time.
- Keep your knees slightly bent to ensure stability.
- Gravity is what stretches your back, so you do not have to force yourself. Try to stay loose in your neck and shoulders.
- For extra lower back tension release, slowly sway side-to-side while folded over.
Other known benefits:
- Lengthens the spine.
- Drains sinuses.
- Improves digestion.
- Stretches hamstring muscles.
Always consult your physician and research a properly trained teacher before you start a yoga practice.