Coming soon… IMR Wellness
Featured at IMR Wellness
Two CLEARLIGHT SANCTUARY FULL SPECTRUM INFRARED SAUNAS that reach 158°.
Experience the healing benefits of infrared sauna under chromotherapy light.
*Follow us on Instagram @IMRmassage or sign up for our newsletter for updates.
What is an Infrared Sauna?
Unlike a traditional sauna, infrared saunas don’t heat the air around you. Instead, they use infrared lamps (that use electromagnetic radiation) to warm your body directly. The sun produces a combination of visible and invisible light, and one of those invisible spectrums is infrared rays. Invisible infrared wavelengths are what makes the sun feel warm (and ultraviolet wavelengths are what makes it bright). Scientists have established that infrared waves are beneficial to the human body because they are easily absorbed, stimulating the lymphatic, immune and cardiovascular systems and also help remove toxins. Infrared does all of this without any of the harmful rays of sunlight.
What are the benefits of using an Infrared Sauna?
relief from sore muscles
relief from joint pain such as arthritis
clear and tighter skin
help for people with chronic fatigue syndrome
What to expect in an Infrared Sauna session?
- Choose the temperature. The average temperature for an infrared sauna ranges from 100˚F to 150˚F, with beginners starting out at the lower end and more experienced users at the higher end. If this is your first time, start with 100˚F. You may want to stay at this temperature for a few sessions. You can always increase the temperature each session until you reach 150˚F.
- Clothing. How you dress is your choice. Some people will wear bathing suits, while others prefer to go in nude. The Sauna is reserved just for you so dress to your comfort level.
- What you can do while in the sauna. Relax, read, meditate, listen to music, watch your favorite TV show or visit with friends when booked for 2. Just don’t go to sleep.
- After the session is over. When your session is done, it’s suggested that you take your time and let your body cool down. Once cooled down, feel free to take a shower or bath. Just make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
- Number of sessions per week. Most facilities that offer infrared sauna treatments recommend using the sauna three to four days per week. If you are healthy and tolerate the four days, you can use the sauna daily.
Renovations are underway!
Framing of the new couples room.
Ceilings are being lowered to re-create our beautiful massage rooms.
The beginning stages of the walls going up.
Projected opening date is December 2019!
Check back for exclusive online offers coming soon…